ConnectCAD settings export/import

Hello,

I migrated from 2022 to 2023

I've lost custom signal types and connectors.

I made sure my user folder is set to the proper location.

I was under the assumption that with recent versions these are no more located in "SignalTypes.txt" and "ConnectorTypes.txt", am I wrong ?

Can I export/import the ConnectCAD settings, I am scared of having to re-create them all since they are customized with colors and specific line properties...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Pat Stanford is correct, there was a massive redesign of the folder structure between 2022 and 2023. Those two .txt files are located in the following location in the libraries in the application folder for VW2023:

Defaults>ConnectCAD>ConnectCAD_Database 

However, after looking at the two files in 2022 vs. 2023 it looks like they may be different or contain more information so I am going to defer to @Conrad Preen as to whether it is as simple as just copy and replace from 2023 to 2023.

Note that this file path is the application folder and not the user folder.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 17.25.46.png

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
9 hours ago, Olivier Moser said:

Thanks @Pat Stanford & @JustinVH for your inputs.

I'll be happy to hear Conrad's answer but at least I feel closer to the truth now !

Hello @Olivier Moser,

You should be able to simply copy&paste these files in the new locations and they should work as before.

Also, you should be able to use the migration manager to automatically copy these files in the correct location.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1