site modifiers not working

Landartma

Question

I just started developing this file and my site modifiers have seemingly stopped working.  They are set to Proposed on site model and modifiers.  Modifiers and are all set to communicate with a custom set of layers.  All are site dtm modifier class except my site model.  I have grade limits set.  The only thing I have done since the last project is to do the update to service pack 6.  Prior to that the modifiers were working as they should and I did a quick fakeup design and they are working on that.  I think I must have an obvious setting off but I can't find it.  Can anyone spot it?

Option 3 8-8-23.vwx

3 answers to this question

You have no layers selected for the Site Model to talk to:

Screenshot2023-08-08at21_41_20.thumb.png.05100deb3921cef82aeaed322bb91f4c.png

Select the 'SITE MODEL' layer then the Site Modifier will update the site model. I say Site Modifier singular because I saw one Retaining Edge modifier plus a Grade Limits. Were there other modifiers...?

• Like 1

Thanks Tom...I was in there a few times I must have just had it set wrong.  There will be other modifiers.  I have to put in some pathways that I'm going to attempt drape.  I have the modifiers on the site model layer with the site model.  I've also tried a custom set of layers.  But loe and behold I went through the layers communicating exercise again it just worked.  The file is doggin...taking up a bunch of memory and going slow.  I thought I had it cleaned up pretty well from the engineers...That's one thing I need to get ahold of.  Thanks again Tom!

• Like 1

It's good practise to put your site modifiers on a dedicated 'Site Modifiers' layer (or even multiple site modifiers layers if you want to try out different grading options: then you can tell the Site Model which layer you want it to look at at any one time). This way you can easily find, select + make visible/invisible the modifiers.

• Like 4