Resource Manager Disappeared

Dendecko

Question

My resource manager has disappeared when I pivot to multiple screens.  It is not visable on any of the screens.  Now technically I have a workaround where I can shift to one screen, attach the Resource manager to the main window and then reconnect the monitor.  

Is there another way to make the resource manager pivot to a stock location on the screen?  I have tried:

- Moving the window

- turning the manager palette off and on again

- Looking frantically around 

Are there any other potential ways to bring it back other than unplugging and replugging my external monitor in?

1 answer to this question

I'm unsure of the circumstances under which the Resource Manager disappears. 

If you mean the following scenario: 

With only one monitor connected, the Resource Manager is visible. After connecting one or more additional monitors the Resource Manager disappears. 

Then for Windows users it might be due to either of the following: 

1. The additional displays have such disparate resolutions that pixel-coordinates the Resource Manager has on the original display, results in it being positioned outside the bounds of the display you're moving it to. This will only happen if your additional display has a lower 'Display Resolution' or a higher 'Scale and Layout' than the original display). Look inside Windows 'Settings > System > Display' and select the display to examine/adjust. 
  2. One of the Vectorworks Settings files is damaged/corrupt. To rules this out, quit Vectorworks, then set aside the 'Settings' folder found inside the User Folder of the versions of Vectorworks concerned, found here: %AppData%\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2023. Then reopen Vectorworks. If that doesn't resolve it, quit Vectorworks and put the original Settings folder back.