Section Markers

Question,

Section markers on the design layers don't show even though in section line instance the design layer is ticked Only shows if i tick the viewport number. If i untick the design layer the section markers still show. Am i missing something if i want the section markers to appear on a common design layer to show through all drawings or do i have to allocate each viewport for it to show??

See Attached

Section Markers.vwx

1 hour ago, AlanW said:

Am i missing something if i want the section markers to appear on a common design layer to show through all drawings or do i have to allocate each viewport for it to show??

If you want a Section Line to display in locations other than the location where it was originally created then yes you need to positively select those locations in the Section Line Instances dialog. 

4 hours ago, AlanW said:

and it shows through to all the viewports that the Common design layer appears

All VPs or just Top/Plan ones...?

I always create my sections on sheet layers so never have Section Lines on DLs anyway (unless I create one from a Clip Cube). I am quite happy manually specifying which additional VPs the Section Lines appear on (I hate things like the auto-generated Data Vis Legend that I then have to enter each annotation space to delete) but think the Section Line Instances interface could be improved: it would be good to be able to control whether a SL instance is displayed from the target VP, not have to go back to the source section VP + open the dialog there each time + make sure you choose the right VP/s... Think there have been wish list items about this...

• Like 1