Need help with DTM elevation (or other settings) to avoid super tall skirt

E|FA

I am trying to change my workflow from having my DTM in a separate referenced file to including the DTM in the project file.  Somehow I've ended up with a DTM with a ridiculously tall skirt, and I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot so it is a more managable 20'+/- tall.  Annotated screenshots are attached.

Full disclosure: in trying to align the DTM top surface properly with the building I've moved the DTM vertically (z-axis) multiple times, and I really don't know what I did to get here.

DTM Tall Skirt.png

Model on DTM.png

Section Viewport Elevations.png

Design Layers.png

DTM Settings.png

I don’t know what is best practice but rather than move my DTM up or down to suit my model I typically set the layer my DTM is on to 0 elevation and adjust the elevation of the model design layers so the bldgs sit on the site at the right height. The levels will then be real world z values.

@Boh Thanks.  For my purposes I want everything to be related to project 0'-0" (top of basement slab), rather than real world (Elev +431.4'), which is what I have.  I can see that working it the other way around would be useful for other project types.

• Like 1