mass rotation of Spot Heights

Holly2779

Question

Hi All,

Can anybody advise me on how to rotate all my spot heights when I change the rotation of my plan?

I receive DWG surveys - Spot Heights are separated into their own class. Often the plan is not at the rotation I would like and of course when I turn the plan the spot heights are squiffy. Is there a way to rotate these together as opposed to selecting each individual spot and manually rotating it to horizontal on the new plan rotation?

TA

1354152689_Screenshot2023-05-08at15_37_50.thumb.png.7d8a0c576166031959d55269c56295df.png

2 answers to this question

Assuming they all have the same rotation, and that you can figure out a way (Custom Selection and/or Select Similar Tool) you can probably use the script in the attached file to do what you want.

Rotate one manually to figure out the rotation you need then undo, select all the objects, run the script and enter the necessary value into the dialog box. Each object will be rotated around its X/Y center point.

Thank you so very much @Pat Stanford

I have just crash-coursed in Vectorworks Scripts (something I had never heard of!)

Your script worked perfectly first time!

Only downside is now some of the crosses marking the spot are hidden behind the numbers but this is a much more minor detail than wonky spots. Quite frankly it is a miracle that it is even possible to have rotated these individually, having spent three hours rotating them on an 18 acre survey! 

Thanks again

H

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 19.27.23.png

• Like 2