Naming Schemes for exported files

bcd

Question

Currently - in the File Export Options there is an option to set a naming scheme per PDF pages - I'd like a similar option to available for the PDF file itself.

Also - it would be good to have the option to pre-define a number of such file-naming schemes so that a drawing can be exported to eg. Vendor, Client, Shop etc with appropriately titled filenames.

Edited by bcd

6 answers to this question

9 hours ago, bcd said:

Currently - in the File Export Options there is an option to set a naming scheme per PDF pages - I'd like a similar option to available for the PDF file itself.

Also - it would be good to have the option to pre-define a number of such file-naming schemes so that a drawing can be exported to eg. Vendor, Client, Shop etc with appropriately titled filenames.

in the Publish command if the tick "Export Seperate PDF" in "File Export Options" then the naming system is applied to the PDF not  the sheet in the PDF. 

Similarly the naming scheme can be applied to DWG and other export file types.

Yes could be some improvements around saving naming schemes as it isn't the most obvious system and would benefit from being available across files or an office.

Thanks Nikolay,

One way I think of it is - it's important that the exported file name is both meaningful & unique, having the ability to curate what data automatically flows to the exported filename to achieve this seems very much on-brand.