Proper plan height notation tool

I've not found a clear clue about a proper way to add on a plan proper height markers (existing elevation points).

Maybe because, as usual, lost between localized italian version and english tools. And past decades spent on Archicad over VW.

So here what I have: survey of a courtyard between three buildings nicely redrawn.

Need to place Elevation Markers in useful points.

Used the Elevation Benchmark tool (in italian localized version is called "Quotatura d'imposta" - [quite questionable translation choiche since it literally means - "shutter/impost dimensioning tool"], choosed an absolute level style in RM, user level as height reference and placed different "markers" here and there.

But noticed that these symbols are bounded to NONE category and I'm wondering of to properly have them hidden in some viewports.

This said would you have used another tool/symbol in VW2023 to mark a plan with steps, slopes etc?

Screenshot 2023-04-27 alle 19.13.58.png

Elevation Benchmarks are designed to be used in sections/elevation, I don't think you can use them in plan... The Stake Tool has got to be your first port of call like Jeff says. Another option is Data Tags which in certain circumstances can be used to return height data...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Elevation Benchmarks are designed to be used in sections/elevation, I don't think you can use them in plan... The Stake Tool has got to be your first port of call like Jeff says. Another option is Data Tags which in certain circumstances can be used to return height data...

Indeed both your suggestions seems reasonable.

For the stake tool I've done few tests and maybe need to be better used by me since it's behaviour seems not straightforward for my purposes.

I'll check your second suggestion and search for any Data Tag that would suite. 

Thx you both