DWFx export issues

Hi guys!

Lately, I have had lots of problems with DWFx exports. This is a major issue, because in Portugal all the public entities only accept this file format.

Imagine that you publish all layouts in pdf format and when you publish to DWFx you lose transparencies, some type of line types hatches of graphic legends (VW 2023 SP2), among others.

Having contact with other colleagues, they agree that this issue should be fixed, in order to provide public entities projects well represented.

In Portugal, the future of projects will be in IFC format files, but the transition will not be made for tomorrow. We still have a few (and long) more years to leave the DWFx format.

Can someone from the VW team give feedback? 

Thanks!

Ohhh the dwf export problem... 

Two words: A NIGHTMARE

9 hours ago, jeff prince said:

I'm not on the Vectorworks payroll, so take what I offer with a grain of salt....

Are hatches and transparency for sure supported by DWFx?

They do not seam to according to this document...

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-792617AA-2DB3-4870-A739-C9225A5889DD

The link is about 3d dwf. I think the topic is about good old normal 2d dwf. But I can name more problems:

Classes turned off that appear

Classes turned on in the expiry that doesn't appear

Worksheets in annotation mode that shirk (if you have the viewport 1:200, you need to scale in autocad the worksheet 200x,or leave it "free" in the sheet) 

Patterns and images gone

Transparencies gone. 

If concrete examples are necessary, I can upload. 

It's an old topic, so frustrating to lose hours and hours to correct stupid graphical things when everything is modeled... And then see archicad (not to name revit for obvious reasons) being able to export clean and beautiful drawings... 

• Like 1

Hi Jeff!

The intention of this post is to alert the VW team that we have this major issue in Portugal and we need to fix it!

We are supposed to help each other in order to get a reliable program, with good results for all users, and avoid dropping VW and moving on to competing programs.

Like @jpccrodrigues, we know that Archicad (also from Nemetschek Group) has good DWF export results, so "there's no" escuse!

Any help from VW team???

• Like 2