Please make the 'Redefine...' command available from the Saved Views script palette

Tom W.

Question

I primarily access my Saved Views from the floating Saved Views script palette. It would be great to be able to redefine saved views from here as well + not have to always go to the Saved Views tab of the Navigation palette to do this. You can Edit, Duplicate, Delete + Run a Saved View from the script palette but not Redefine:

1100009147_Screenshot2023-04-23at07_34_54.png.42e56b3560a7cbd6e8fd1220c06fe1a5.png

It would also be good if you didn't have to click OK in the 'Redefine Saved View' dialog each time you run the command. I never want to change any of the Saved View options so this is an extra click which isn't necessary for me (would I guess require a 'Redefine Saved View Options' somewhere or two versions of the command...)

2009116607_Screenshot2023-04-23at07_44_44.thumb.png.3c5fc100f1675cc4a4c0885d0647efa6.png

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, line-weight said:

I'm wondering why it is you don't use the saved views tab of the navigation palette instead?

You mean detach the tab + have it as a separate collapsible palette that way? That is a very good question! I think I have just been in the habit of using the Saved Views Script palette for some time + didn't pay any attention to the detachable tabs feature when it came out... But thanks for the suggestion I am doing it now!