Interact with Data Bar

9 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Other than programming your own tools using the SDK, I do not think there is any way to modify the information that displays in the Data Bar. For most objects you are only going to get position and angle.

Alright Pat, thanks. Would there be any other way to display this information while running the python script? I've read that the message bar only gets shows when the script is finished.

Unlikely.  My understanding is that there is not way to "pause" a Python script during execution. So even something as simple as asking to let the user click on a point and return that data to the script actually has to end the script and then execute a new script (or at least a function/procedure) afterwards.

Hopefully someday the very useful functionality of the Message command to update and return data while a script is executing will be restored.

For now the best option would be an AlrtDialog that would pause the execution and display a dialog box that requires a user click or key press to continue after.

• Like 3