Speaker Array Tool freezes my computer

1 hour ago, klinzey said:

Please be sure to update to the latest service pack. We found an issue when using some symbols that was fixed with the latest service pack.

It says im up to date and I also refreshed the libraries in the resource manager. Is there a way I can download the service packs independently?

Edited by CouchSurfTV
33 minutes ago, klinzey said:

Try it a new blank document. It's likely that one of your default settings is causing the issue.

Unfortunately I get the same result. 

Here are my steps. Event Design - speaker array tool - speaker array tool preferences - configure array - click ok button(software locks up immediately after this step every single time)

If I skip going directly into the speaker array tool preferences and add a bumper by clicking in the work space and then configure the array(when it shows in the object info pallet area) I can now populate the array. Why is this? I never had an issue with the above work flow previously. 

2 hours ago, stevenmorgan94 said:

Try switching the Array Tool rendering mode from Hidden Line to Wireframe.image.thumb.png.c427ba44d88ca424f52e786b665c0303.png

Hi, thank you for offering another solution. That did not work. Its bizarre, in the past I had produced an array as described above but now it is having issues. At least I have a second option in the mean time. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes, we think it's something to do with generating the preview during insertion with specific settings, especially when you use a symbol rather then catalog mode. If you don't change the settings in the preference dialog everything works as expected.