XRef Not Georeferencing in Viewport

Hey everyone, I'm cross posting this from the troubleshooting channel as I'm hoping to get some input on this ASAP.

I'm working on a project where we have received a DWG survey file that we will be basing our design off of. I've created a new VW file where I've imported the DWG and set it up to my liking. In this file, the survey data is georeferenced properly and lines up with the site when I look at an image with the Geoimage tool. I then saved this file and used it to create an Xref viewport in my master file for the project. The survey data is not being georeferenced properly in the viewport (its actually showing up in the middle of the ocean when I use the Geoimage tool.)  I've tried everything I can think of to mitigate this and can't figure it out... I could really use some help ASAP. I have even copied the exact advanced Georeferencing document settings from the survey file that's georeferenced properly, and used those settings in my master file, and the viewport still is not even close to being in the correct georeferenced spot. Help would be much appreciated !

Thanks!

Sarah 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Sarah

I have just tested in 2022 and I am not able to recreate the problem. 

I created two files with identical georeferencing, and the same coordinates on the internal origin, my reference works correctly. I tried both a Design Layer Viewport (onto a Georeferenced design layer). And in another file, with layer import referencing. 

Ensure that the Internal Origin has the same coordinates in both files. This is critical.

Then ensure that layers are georeferenced in both files. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @SarahMDI, can you confirm that the geographical coordinate system and the cartesian coordinate systems are aligned?

Also, if you instead of using the checkbox 'This file contains georeferenced geometry' use the Advanced 'Align with User Origin' - does this give you a different result?

If you want to send over the files we can have a look at it.