Multiple Door Schedules

LeeElston

I have a building divided into 3 distinct zones and want a seperate door schedule relating for each area on different sheets. Can I do this and if so, how? I can tell doors not to appear on the schedule but I can't see a way of telling it to appear on one schedule and not another.. If I create another schedule it is just a duplicate of the first...

TIA

There are several ways to do this, you just have to make those doors unique  by zone and then set the worksheet criteria to filter against that.

Some various ways of doing this:

1. Each zone as a different design layer

2. Attach a record to each door and set the value = to the zone.

3. draw a closed polygon delineating the zone.

4. Use the door numbers

5. use some other door attribute

Thanks for this..

The different zones are on different design layers, and the doors have zone specific numbers (VMC-GFD-001, OFF-GFD-001 etc, and I can easily add a record but where to i tell the worksheet to filter the wanted items out.. I only seem to have an option to include any object with a record attached with 'Door no.' shown and not 'Door no includes VMC' for example... I'm not great with worksheets and spreadsheets as you can probably tell...

18 minutes ago, LeeElston said:

Thanks for this..

The different zones are on different design layers, and the doors have zone specific numbers (VMC-GFD-001, OFF-GFD-001 etc, and I can easily add a record but where to i tell the worksheet to filter the wanted items out.. I only seem to have an option to include any object with a record attached with 'Door no.' shown and not 'Door no includes VMC' for example... I'm not great with worksheets and spreadsheets as you can probably tell...

this will be easy then given you have the doors on different design layers.  

What you want to do is set the database criteria for each worksheet to look for doors on only those design layers for a given zone schedule.

This means you will have 1 uniquely named, but virtually identical, schedule for each zone.  The only difference is how the database criteria is set for each.