Symbol maintenance issue

Sal

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the symbol maintenance on VW 23.

I'm struggling to change to frame size of the symbol. I type what I want , save but when I open the maintenance window nothing has changed. 

The colour summary is also showing the symbol type instead of the frame size for some of the units. I tested the same file on VW 21 and it works fine. 

Is there anyone having a similar issue? 

Many thanks,

Salvatore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

OK, I can see that there is an issue in your file. Are these lighting symbols from an older version of Vectorworks? We made a ton of changes to the back end of the lighting device in 2023. Replacing them with Vectorworks symbols in 2023 does resolve the issue.

I am not sure why the older symbols are not updating their frame size, I will report it.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The frame size is probably not updating because there is no longer a metric Light info record and an Imperial light info record. There is just one record now and the frame size has been changed and has units present now so that it can accommodate both imperial and metric dimensions.

• Like 1

Yes, some of the symbols are from an older version. I'm also downloading and  inserting new symbols from the library in VW 23 , but still the same problem.

I refreshed the library as well. 

The frame size comes as standard in mm,  but nothing is shown in symbol maintenance and if I change it nothing happens and the frame size returns blank.

The only way I can change the frame size ( individually) is  under Edit lighting device.

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 12:40 PM, TomWhiteLight said:

OK, I can see that there is an issue in your file. Are these lighting symbols from an older version of Vectorworks? We made a ton of changes to the back end of the lighting device in 2023. Replacing them with Vectorworks symbols in 2023 does resolve the issue.

I am not sure why the older symbols are not updating their frame size, I will report it.

Hi Tom,

I have the same issue here. Are you saying that I have to re-do my whole fixture library?

Over the years I collected tons of symbols that I changed according to my needs. All of this is worthless now?

Mario