VW2021_The autosave is closed without awareness /and also often unknown freeze

lixinpm

Question

Hi,

Recently the autosave is closed without any notice. When I open it and then it will be closed automatically after freezing. Yes, the VW 2021 sometime freezes a very long time when I did a very simple actions, such as moving, copy or edit. I appreciate very much if someone can give some ideas. 

2 answers to this question

1. Please provide the exact version of VW and operating system you are running. It is best to put it in your signature so we don't have to ask. See my signature for instructions on how to add a signature.

2. The answer to 1 may help us with the slow down/freeze.

3. VW only saves preferences when it successfully quits. If you change a preference and VW crashes before the preference file is written when you quit VW, that change will not be saved and won't show the next time you start VW.  Try turning on Autosave and immediately quitting VW. Check that the preference is saved properly.

HTH

image.png.38bedd4df91bd78f7a6ce5e17409b7e1.png

Hi Pat, 

Thanks for your help. the problem of freezing is suffering us a long time. My co-workers have similar problem as well and none know why and when. What I did is to use 1 min- autosave to solve this problem, but today I surprise that the autosave is closed without any notice. 

Yes, you are right, if this software freezes about half hour, I have to end the process from Task monitor. But before today, the autosave closing never happens. 

Please check the the info of mac system and VW and let us know how to solve it.

Also if you need to know the error report, please click this link which I had asked about this questions another place. 

By the way, this freeze will happen in an unexpected way, such as copy, past or eyedroppers. If it happens, it will not be resumed at more. 

Please let me know if you need more info. 

Thanks very much!

image.png

Edited by lixinpm