Units in referenced viewports

just stumbled over this:

I wanted to create an "overview masterplan" with several referenced viewports. The refeference files have millimetres as units.

The masterplan should have meters as units.

Problem: Referenced vieports do not accept the unit setting of the masterplan and keep their original unit setting. Is that right or did I just oversee something ?

May be I'm doing it the completely wrong way ? Or is there a work around ? Or is it not possible at all ?

All files VW 2023

• 2 weeks later...

A file can have only 2 units of measurements irrespective of the units in the source file : the Primary & Secondary units which are defined via File>Document Settings>Units.

You can draw dimensions with either or both the Primary & Secondary units. If your referenced file already has dimensions they will appear identically in the master file. This is what I think you're referring to and is the normal behaviour.

An alternative workflow would be to reference the Layers into the Master file via a (depreciated) Layer Link. The dimensions will then update to reflect the units in the Master.

Change Settings to allow Layer Links.png

Edited by bcd