Vectorworks - Complete Sample Project Request

Paul N

Question

Hi all,

I have been learning Vectorworks for a while now and starting to get a hang of it. But I'm still struggling with 2D to 3D. I'm about to start creating a 3D model and I want to make sure I am doing it correctly, so its seamless when I go into construction details. 

I was wondering if someone on the Vectoworks team could send me an already completely finished sample project using Vectorworks. I want to dissect the project so I can see how different features are being used. For example when to use texture vs material vs image so it shows both in 2D, 3D, & calling it out as a construction detail. That's just a small example there much more I want to know - pools, wetlands, extruded steps but how to see step detail in section, Tennis Court etc.

What I am hoping to find in the The Sample Project:

Complete Project that shows 2D & 3D and Construction Details / CD Set

-Site Model Showing the Terrane 

-Plants, Irrigation, lighting, Edging 

-Driveway, Edging, Hardscape, Site Modifiers, Retaining Walls, Pool, Wetland Area Etc.. 

-Fence, Walls, Water Feature, Furniture 

-Symbols, Details, Call Outs for Details Etc. 

-Any other significant information 

I know this might be an unrealistic request but if I could get my hands on a VK project or maybe a couple projects so I can really dissect them. 

I also know that I can find some of the examples I listed in the resource manger folder. I also know there's different ways to go about creating the drawing / file. 

But this would be so helpful!

Thank you so much! 

-pd

Edited by Paul N

6 answers to this question

There are several completed projects you can peruse on Vectorworks University, I recommend looking at both Architecture and Landscape projects to get a sense of what is possible.  Also, there are several templates built into the program that can provide some approaches you will find interesting, UK Garden and Architect Imperial for instance.  After that, take some specific Vectorworks University classes on the topics you are interested in, especially site modeling.

I'm using VW2020, so can't open any of these sample projects on the website.

Is it possible to obtain a backsaved version to VW2020 of any of these files (I realise some functionality may be lost)?

I'm particularly intrested in the Gartenumgestaltung 2D and 3D, the Cube, and the Urban Residence Projects.

I'd be grateful for advice.