Can we put things on a page background?

Folks, since going digital submittal, our local jurisdiction LADBS wants a clear space in the same place on all sheets for their approval stamps.

I tried putting a box into my title-block for this purpose (4x loci so I can see it, but its not necessarily printing a rectangle). This had the ripple-consequence of effectively widening my title-block and pushing all the grids over to clear the new box.

Is there a way to put items on a title block, or on all sheet backgrounds that doesnt affect grids etc...?

Oh, solved!

Defining locus points

Locus points within the title block layout can serve different purposes.

To define locus points:

While in title block layout edit mode, select one or more loci to define, or insert one with the 2D Locus tool. The locus is identified in the Object Info palette as Locus in Title Block.

Select whether to make the locus a master snap point (see Concept: Snapping indicators).

Select the Point Type as follows:

None creates a plain locus point that is part of the title block’s bounding box along with the other objects that comprise the title block.

If Bounding Box Point is selected for two or more loci, only these loci are used to define the bounding box of the title block.

North Point determines the location of the north point in the title block border object. If multiple loci are marked as North Point, only the first one that was selected is used for the north point location; the others are normal loci. If no locus point has North Point selected, Display north point is deselected in the Title Block Settings dialog box.