rotate-tool - create more duplicates in sequence would be great!

matteoluigi

Question

Hi,

actually, whenever I use the rotate tool I always have to click 3 times for every new duplicate. first chose the center, then click on the first rotation point and then chose where to move the object.

whenever I want to create more than one duplicates of an object with the same rotation center I have to click 3 times for every duplicate however, I have to recheck the center, recheck the first point...

Why not:

active the object, chose the "rotate" tool, chose the rotation center and the point on the object, which has to be moved and than only click once for every rotated duplicate? This would save up to 60% of mouse-clicks (and is a normal function in nearly every CAD-Software).

Why not Vectorworks?

• Like 3

4 answers to this question

Just now, Tom W. said:

Duplicate Array

yeah, duplicate array is useful, when your duplicates rotate all in the same angle (which has to be found out before rotating, as well) and you are sure about everything before using the command.

rotating more duplicates just by mouse clicks is more intuitive and can be used on duplicates with different angles as well.

• Like 3
On 9/19/2022 at 10:42 AM, matteoluigi said:

yeah, duplicate array is useful, when your duplicates rotate all in the same angle (which has to be found out before rotating, as well) and you are sure about everything before using the command.

rotating more duplicates just by mouse clicks is more intuitive and can be used on duplicates with different angles as well.

Hi

I second this. In Sketchup, once the first duplicate is done, typing 'x12' give 12 copies along the same radius and same spacing/angle.

I do find things like this in Vectorworks frustrating as this is just basics. It's almost as if the people writing the software do not actually use it in the real world.

Mike

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Michael Siggers said:

It's almost as if the people writing the software do not actually use it in the real world.

somehow it feels more like "Vectorworks does bring so much potential but it still could be better, just by some simple changes or improvements".

Like the rotation tool. Feels like a really really low hanging fruit somehow to me ;-).