delete unwanted objects

tdmaine

I am trying to tighten up my drawing but have some random objects in space that are not close to the origin but are causing problems I believe with cloud export.  Any idea how I can delete these while maintaining the  house model which is centered on the origin ?   When I try to center the drawing I get the attached warning.  No idea how this happened.  Thanks for any help! 

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 10.10.54 AM.png

Try something like this:

1. Make sure all your layers and classes are visible.

2. Select All.

3. View Menu:Zoom:Fit to Objects.

At this point you should end up zoomed very far out.

4. Click to deselect everything.

5. Drag a selection marquee around one of the corners of the drawing.

6. If you are brave, just delete anything you managed to select in the marquee. 

7. If you are not brave Fit to Objects to zoom in and see what you have selected before you delete it. Or move it closer to the rest of the drawing.

8. Repeat the above process on the other corners and as necessary to delete or move all of the "far out objects"

9. If after getting rid of everything you don't need/want, your drawing objects are still a long way from the origin, then use the Center Drawing command.

HTH

• Like 1

Save a copy of the file…

Turn everything on and make sure all classes and layers are visible and not grey.

make sure all layers are the same layer scale.

Select the objects you want to keep, choose ‘invert selection’ from the edit menu and then hit delete.

often find rogue objects hang around after DWG import so don’t import DWG directly into the file.

failing that, create a new file and copy data from one to the other layer by layer to see which layer has the problem.

Enjoy the detective work.

Edited by shorter
  • Like 1
On 9/14/2022 at 9:36 AM, shorter said:

Save a copy of the file…

Turn everything on and make sure all classes and layers are visible and not grey.

make sure all layers are the same layer scale.

Select the objects you want to keep, choose ‘invert selection’ from the edit menu and then hit delete.

often find rogue objects hang around after DWG import so don’t import DWG directly into the file.

failing that, create a new file and copy data from one to the other layer by layer to see which layer has the problem.

Enjoy the detective work.

Thanks got it!