Export to DWG 2D

Jack2022

Question

Hi All,

Is there a way to export sheets as 2D DWGs without components of slabs coming in as separate blocks - I mean export without them entirely. I have used hardscapes and slabs. The hardscapes are just showing the surface hatch which is what I want for the slabs. The slabs are showing hatches for all the components.

I can manually remove the slab components from the DWG file before issuing but this is onerous. Screen shot below of DWG model space.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.d1c00a95805d53261f9222f248042985.pngimage.thumb.png.d1c00a95805d53261f9222f248042985.png

2 answers to this question

The answer was class visibilities in the viewports on the sheet layers. 

Despite all the different component classes being set to visible there was one component that showed up in the exported DWG. I set the class to invisible in the sheet viewports and it disappeared from the export.

Not sure why only that class was visible in the first place though and not the others in the same slab object. 

Hi, 

I have the same issue, but I couldn't solve it. 

My file structure : 

- Class for slab objects 

- Class for wall objects 

- Class for each component used in slabs and walls, sometimes I use the same class, for instance "Concrete". They are set so visible. 

Now, if I set the class "Concrete" to invisible, it removes the unwanted hatch of the slab objects in the exported DWG, but it also removes it from the walls. I want the components hatches removed from the slab objects but not from the wall objects. When I export the layout to PDF I don't have this issue : Slab objects don't generate their components hatches, because they are not cut. I would like my DWG to be exactly like my PDF.