Jump to content

David Poiron

Member
  • Posts

    141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

56 Excellent

Personal Information

  • Occupation
    Architect
  • Homepage
    www.cparch.ca
  • Location
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. It was fixed in one of the service packs, I believe.
  2. I tried this and it seems to work, but I am not clear what the KeyDown is really doing! KeyBool:= KeyDown(modKey); IF Shift=true THEN CreateDialog1 {full access} ELSE CreateDialog2; {partial access}
  3. This is the code snippet IF Shift THEN CreateDialog1 {full access} ELSE CreateDialog2; {partial access} It does not seem to work - it just goes to CreateDialog2. I've tried Command and Option instead of Shift as well - not working. Is this required to be in a while..do statement to work?
  4. I am trying to direct a script to bring up a different dialog box depending on if the shift or option keys are pressed when the command is invoked. I've tried to use KeyDown but am not clear how it works. There is a Shift and Option function as well but the results are not as expected. I am trying to do this with an IF/THEN statement. Any suggestions are appreciated. Using 2022 for this.
  5. That is what I thought. I did try again and it worked - I must have forgotten a parenthesis or something. Thanks to both of you.
  6. Is there a way to get nested If/Then statements to work in a worksheet cell? I'm trying to replicate the functionality of a case statement that other programs have, to query more than one option.
  7. We've ended up using data tags and record formats, with a script that updates andy changes based on a fixed serial number for each product. The script updates symbols (instances and definitions) as well as other objects that the record format is attached to. So far in testing it is working well. We are about to try it on an actual project.
  8. How did you get this to work? I am looking for a way to get a handle on a symbol definition (based on its name or a value in its record format) and then change the values of other fields in that format.
  9. This ended up working with a CONST Q=CHR(39); selCriteria := CONCAT(Q,'CPA Products',Q,'.',Q,'Serial',Q,'=',Q,RF1,Q); Thanks as always!
  10. I'm really struggling with escaping quotes properly. I want to perform some actions on symbols that have a certain record format field, but I cannot seem to get the criteria to work using ForEachObject. Im using selCriteria:=concat('CPA Products'.'Serial'=,RF1) as the criteria where selCriteria is the selection criteria and RF1 is a string variable for the record format field contents. Because of all the record format quotes, I cannot seem to get it to work no matter how I try to escape them. Any help would be appreciated.
  11. Thanks Pat. I seemed to have created a working script similar to your example with "while do" functions, but it appears that foreach object might be more straightforward. I'll try that. Thanks again.
  12. I would like to create a script that replaces the content of an attached record format field in symbol instances that match the currently selected symbol instance. My thought is that this could work in one of two ways: 1. replace the record format field contents in other instances, or 2. replace the symbol instances entirely with the currently selected symbol instance, all of which are based on the same symbol definition. Does anyone know of a similar script out there? I have used VS many years ago and am very rusty, but a similar script might get me to the goal faster.
  13. Thanks for this Pat. I've been trying to do an IF/THEN in a data tag for a while and this works for me too! Now if I can only round off a calculated value to one decimal place in a data tag...any thoughts there?
  14. At present we use Filemaker to create all the records and organize them by section number for a particular project and then export that to 24"x36" PDF, which we then reference in Vectorworks. Vectorworks worksheets are not nearly as adaptable graphically as tables are in Filemaker. We do think there is benefit to link the two but there are a number of missing workflows in Vectorworks it seems to make this work for our needs.
  15. We've been using FileMaker Pro to create an in-house database of products but linking it directly to anything in VW is proving to be a challenge. Each of our products has a serial number that we would like to link to objects in VW but we are at a loss of how to do so reliably - we've tried ODBC before but as one VW staffer mentioned to us recently that can be a brittle connection. In addition to the serial number our system has a three letter code for each section of the North American MasterFormat System (as that is easier to read than a bunch of section numbers), followed by a number for the object in that section for that project: say DHW-01 for a door handle for a particular project. The number changes depending on the project but the serial number (a 6 digit number) does not. It would be great to use data tags to extract the information from an object but it is difficult to make links to the extent we would like; even for symbols there does not appear to be a way to assign a serial number to the symbol that is persistent across all instances of the symbol, which is needed to make a link to an outside database. I am curious about the use of VWs Database Manager for this. I would like more information on @shorter s exporting and importing routines if he is willing to share.
×
×
  • Create New...