Hard Landscapes for Roof Gardens

Landscape model in an urban setting so we use hardscape objects for every surface other than furniture and planting:

My Hardscape paving objects all have lovely slopes and falls on their surface to allow drainage and tie in with existing levels but the bottom layer/3D component level follows parallel to the top surface.

As my hardscape is on a building roof I would like to have the sloping top surface (paving and bedding layer), a sub base/fill material that varies in depth and the bottom component set to a consistent level (drainage board on top of the roof structure in this case). 

My method for creating sloping hard landscapes are: 1) create a hardscape/slab object style - apply it to a shape. Set to top of surface for site modifiers/datum, enable aligned surface, keep object elevation at 0 but edit site modifiers to introduce stakes to raise the hardscape to the real world elevation. I use multiple stakes around the perimeter of the paving to have multi-directional paving falls.

It all works apart from the void between the bottom 3D component and the building structure.

I hope that is clear!

Thanks ,

Jack

Hi Tom,

Thanks for answering. The hardscapes I use are slabs with a tapered component mid way through the slab but I struggle to make it taper because I cannot find a way to have the bottom component at one level and the top at different levels.

I did have a look at using drainage slabs but they seemed to require you to predefine regular falls and insert drainage points whereas our paving areas usually fall in all different directions across irregular, complex shapes to separate drainage objects (sometimes we leave the drains out so the engineer can model them in their model).

Regards,

Jack

Duh I forgot you can use Slab Drainage with Hardscapes! So in the 'Hardscape Main Area Components' dialog when you select 'Tapered Component' put the tick mark in the 'Tapered' column above the bottommost component you want to be tapered does that not achieve what you want? A screenshot or two would help convey what it is you're doing.

You don't have to insert drains if you don't need them