12.0.1 Door Insertion Problems...

cberg

I am having a serious problem with the door insertion tool in VW 12.0.1 (53931) and I think it is a program bug, or some preference that is becoming corrupted. Seemingly at random the doors inserted in walls will start to show up with lines at the wall edges instead of showing a full break. At other times the same doors start to show side lights, when there are none shown in the door detail dialogue box elevation thing. This problem may have to do with the assignment of classes to the various door parts...

When I take the same file and go to another computer in the office with Version 12.0.0 (49891) the very same doors can be taken out of the wall and reinserted and the door lines go away.

Copying this information to a new file doesn't seem to help either.

It seems like the settings Full Break with Caps, Half Break with Caps, don't really do anything.

I am working on Mac OSX 1.2 GHz Power PC G4, 512 ram. The same problem seems to happen on our new Imac G5, Intel Machine.

I can email test files...

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

No need to. As of 12.0.1 the doors create a class, "Ceiling-Main" that has to be hidden for floor plans (it wants to be visible for ceiling plans). Those wall lines are the "header lines" for the ceiling plans. Here are the class visiblity "rules":

Floor Plan:

Sills class: visible

Ceiling-Main class: invisible

Ceiling plan:

Sills class: invisible

Ceiling-Main class: visible

Hope that clears it up. By the way, the Ceiling-Main class must have already existed in your files, or you wouldn't be seeing this. (Am I right?)