Plant OIP Greyed Out and new plant symbols?

Jake22

Question

Hello all I'm hoping I can get a resolution to something I've encountered today, could just be user error but I cant find anything about it on the forums.

So I've recently made the transition to windows from a mac (I'm running Landmark 2022 SP3). Today I noticed when creating a plant style from selection that the plants created had these circled squares in the middle that aren't part of the 2D graphic, also all the options in the OIP are greyed out. The blank circle in the top left is another plant style that I created a while ago that doesn't have the square in the middle and I can edit this as normal. Does anybody know what is going on here? Can I get rid of these squares?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

image.thumb.png.a65672d33b14b3311aba1f5eaf32a107.png

3 answers to this question

Thanks Jonathan, I'm still getting getting to grips with the recourse manager and styles. Would unstyling the plant allow me to edit the plant parameters in the OIP and remove the squares inside the plant graphics? I thought the plant style was the plant itself so how would I unstyle it?

I'm not exactly sure what I have done to cause this.

Thanks.

Hmm in this instance I disagree with Jonathan Pickup! 

What those boxes/circles are are showing the rootball size and the excavation area.

When you set up the plant, go to the Root Zones tab. You will see two options (as below) - Root Ball and Planting Excavation. On both of these make sure the top option is set to "Bare Root (None)" for Root Ball and "None" for Planting Excavation.

This will get rid of them.

IMO they should be turned off by default but you can make your life slightly easier by setting up one plant and then duplicating it (by going to the Site Planning tool set, clicking on Plant and then on the spanner and pencil button at the top of the page - select your plant there then press the Duplicate Style button at the top of the page.

image.thumb.png.ba882f80a6650623272fa44f9e89a9d5.png