Layer(s) Turned Off, But Remain On

On VWX2022 there's times I turn off a layer, but it remains on. The attached screenshot shows layer "GRIDLINE - GRADE BEAM" turned off... confirm by looking at the Navigation pallete. And I selected the object (gridlines) that's on that layer... confirm by looking at the Object Info pallete. Any thoughts are appreciated.

991848700_ScreenShot2022-03-31at2_49_39PM.jpg.48092c870f4de2283c9c60270ab63c87.jpg

Thanks, Pat.

And yes, I clearly understand your point. In this case though, the active layer is "GRIDLINE" ...which has a check mark in Navigation visible. The layer "GRIDLINE - GRADE BEAM" is turned off in Navigation... also visible. But "GRIDLINE - GRADE BEAM" (in actuality) is still on... both visible and interactive. It's technically turned off, but it functions as if it's on. In the image, I have an object (which should not be visible) on "GRIDLINE - GRADE BEAM" selected and it's attributes reading in the Object Info Pallette.

Am I missing something?

Edited by CW2020

To maybe add clarity, the glimpse of the gridline in the image with the "P.37" marker, is selected and on layer "GRIDLINE - GRADE BEAM." That layer is turned off (as you can see in Navigation). It's shouldn't be visible. I definitely shouldn't be able to select it. Unless I'm missing something... which may very be the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've restarted and such. I even removed then re-uploaded the entire program. The problem has been occurring over multiple files a dozen times a day. I've tried recreating it on a test file, but haven't been successful. And the files it's occurring on are in the 600MB range.... too large to upload.

Anyways, thanks Pat.

I'll follow-up in additional postings. But as a follow-up to you Pat, moments after my last posting my my Tool Sets pallette disappeared from being docked on the left side of my VWX window. I go to turn it on, and now it's a solid black square (see attached). I repeated this several times with no fix. And yes, it was corrected by turning VWX off and back on. Between crashes and bugs like this however, I probably need to restart VW several times a day, most days across 10 versions 6 Mac's over 15 years.

I don't know what to tell you. What you are experiencing is not typical of most users. 

Send a file that does this regularly to Tech Support and see if they can find a problem.  If it is repeatable, VW definitely wants to find the problem and fix it. The hard part is getting a repeatable case to be able to figure out what is happening.

• Like 1