Making doors from 3d objects

Ramon PG

In v11 I could make a center pivot door from a Floor object with the appropiate height or even a 3D poligon as long as I checked the Door Record in the Data section of the Obj Info pallette.

In v12 doing this doesn't seem to work. Objects with a Door Record entry in Data don't show up in the Door Schedule.

Is there be a better way of making such a door?

OK I was able to make the Door symbol. But how do I edit its parameters so that they show in the Door Schedule? The Door's Obj info will let me enter the height and width of the door; but where do I edit the thickness?

And, can you, PLEASE, explain the difference and when one should use the door Settings and when the Door Record Data in the Obj Info palette? Editing one will not update the other !!!!!

[ 11-17-2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]

Thanks for the concern. I'm not sure which settings you mention.

Seems like the "100 meter ID leader" happens only when the ID Tool in the Tool Set is used.

Otherwise, doors and windows (d/w) show an ID when the "On Schedule" is selected but it will be impossible to drag the ID if the d/w is set in a wall. To move the ID I have to pull the d/w from the wall, drag the ID and re-insert the d/w into the wall.

I have sent the file via dropload to Yi Chen.

But in the mean time...

OK I was able to make the Door symbol. But how do I edit its parameters so that they show in the Door Schedule? The Door's Obj info will let me enter the height and width of the door; but where do I edit the thickness?

And, can you, PLEASE, explain the difference and when one should use the door/window Settings and when the Door or Window Record Data in the Obj Info palette? Editing one will not update the other !!!!!

Ramon, I'm talking about the document following document settings:

Layer Scale: i.e 1/4"

Units: i.e Feet and Inches.

etc...

Also Is this a converted file from a previous version? Or is it a new 12.0 document?

quote:

Originally posted by dfortin:

Ramon, I'm talking about the document following document settings:

Layer Scale: i.e 1/4"

Units: i.e Feet and Inches.

etc...

Also Is this a converted file from a previous version? Or is it a new 12.0 document?

The file was sent to Yi Chen at NNAS Tech Dept.

And, it is a converted file from version 11.5.

[ 11-23-2005, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ramon PG:

And, can you, PLEASE, explain the difference and when one should use the door Settings and when the Door Record Data in the Obj Info palette? Editing one will not update the other !!!!!

Still lost on these...

[ 11-24-2005, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Anderson:

Ramon, temporarily uncheck "use symbol geometry" and then set all the parameters you want to see in the schedule. Then re-check.

As far as I know, the "Door record" in the data tab of the OI palette is obsolete. The new schedules access only the Door or Window's properties.

Thanks for the info.