How to create a B.V Edge beam to a slab?

Nicola Bird

Question

Hi All,

I'm trained as an interior designer but currently doing a building design course. I have decided to do it in Vectorworks as it's the program I've trained in for my business. Still, the course is being taught ArchiCAD, so I have to figure a lot of stuff out with Vectorworks (I'm currently watching loads of tutorials).

Anyway, we have to build a B.V Concrete edge beam to the bottom of our slab, which is 120mm thick.

I'm not sure the best way to achieve this with the slab tool, or do I create an extrude around the underneath of the slab? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see an image of what I have to draw attached.

Thanks 

Nicola 

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 10.16.07 pm.png

2 answers to this question

Use Extrude Along Path to extrude a profile the desired shape around the edge of the Slab then use 'Add 3D Object to Slab...' command (AEC menu) to make it part of the Slab. If your Slab has multiple components choose to add it to the concrete component.

Note that if you then resize the Slab you'll find that the 'modifier' (the EAP) won't follow suit: you have to select 'Edit Modifiers' + edit the EAP separately which isn't always the most easy/satisfactory thing in the world so you're better to add the EAP to the Slab once you're confident the Slab's the way you want it.

• Like 1