Recorded device imported in the right class

Ben3B

Hello In that topics, @Nikolay Zhelyazkovhelp me with a script to put all device in a specific class , thanks one more time 

here's the link to the topic 🙂 

Now I "need" a script to record the device with it s specific class 

The manual way is :

save device / right click on it/edit symbols/other option > Assign to class...

is a quicker way ? maybe with script ???

thanks !

image.png.aca09bc91e520bf1c934045cd0dc95fd.png

Edited by Ben59
1 hour ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @Ben59,

If you use the Device tool in Symbol Insertion mode the inserted device will be in the class that the device in the symbol was without any more adjustments, which I think is what you are looking for.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Ohhhhh my mistake (one more time) I always insert device by doubleclick, but as you say If I use the device tool (as lighting/truss tool) it improt the device with its class !!!

I learn everyday (and I like it) 🙂

Thanks !!!!

• Like 1

Where are the parameters for autonumbering device ?

When I put it with  the Device tool in Symbol Insertion mode, if my device is called for example he40 , the second one is He41 I'd like for example he40_1
I know I can renumber it, or I can save device with an underscore at the end of the name, but may be there is a parameter as for renumbering . 🙂

Thanks !

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
15 hours ago, Ben59 said:

Where are the parameters for autonumbering device ?

When I put it with  the Device tool in Symbol Insertion mode, if my device is called for example he40 , the second one is He41 I'd like for example he40_1
I know I can renumber it, or I can save device with an underscore at the end of the name, but may be there is a parameter as for renumbering . 🙂

Thanks !

- The device tool is doing this automatic numbering based on the current selection. If you have a device already selected, its name will be used and incremented to set the new device name. There are no settings for this, so currently there is no way to customize the way incrementing works.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 8:45 AM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

- The device tool is doing this automatic numbering based on the current selection. If you have a device already selected, its name will be used and incremented to set the new device name. There are no settings for this, so currently there is no way to customize the way incrementing works.

to bad ;( for now, I ve to put one, duplicate it and renumber it 😉