Not able to find design layer

Annie Tanman

Question

Need help located my layers.  I am new to Vectorworks and I'm working on an assignment.  I have drawn an image that is in 3d.  I went to change the color of an armchair through the symbol component.  The color would not change when I changed in attributes.  While I was in the program I also changed the measurements.  I believe that took.  When I saved the item and zoom out, I could no longer locate my design later or my other 3 dimensional images except for some walls that were added later.

I'm not sure what to do - have I lost my work??  Or is it hidden somewhere?  Need help!  The furniture, other layer designs such as walls and column are not showing

Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 5.48.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 5.48.32 PM.png

1 answer to this question

sounds like your object is on a class or design layer that is off.

man easy way to find out…
Turn on all of your classes and design layers.  If the object does not maximally appear,  set your design layer pallet to “show active only”.

Then, Cycle thru each design layer by making each active one at a time and zooming “to fit objects”Z. This will allow you to find things that were misplaced or covered up by another design layer.

• Like 1