Workgroup Referencing

Ellison1079

I'm trying to reference files for 5 separate buildings into one file - the problem is that the layers in each of the 5 buildings have the same names, so once I reference the first building, it won't allow any others to be referenced in, telling me that the layer names are already being used. Is there any way (other than re-naming each building's layers differently) to reference all of these files?

Other question - when referencing, I keep getting a box that says "Rename the class definition named door". I've had to do close to twenty of them, and keep having to give them different names. What's this about? What's a class definition?

there are some particular do?s and don?ts when using WGR, and you?ve discoverd a few of them. Layer names have to be unique, so as mike says, you have to name each layer differently.

You are not allowed a class called door and an object called door. Change the class name...

another thing to watch out for are symbols with the same name. Two file could have the same symbol name, but they could be different things. They have to have different symbol names.

In my VectorWorks Architect Tutorial Manual I outlined many of these do?s and don?ts, to help people understand the process before they start drawing.