Having trouble making the terrain for my site model solid

Ava Austin

Question

Hello, 

I am attempting to create a site model on Vectorworks (my first one) and I am having difficulty when trying to make my terrain solid. I created the terrain using 2D polys, then converting them into 3D polys and then finally into a site model. However, when I try to make the terrain solid instead of just showing the contour lines, I get lost. Other forums I've looked at suggest selecting "3D mesh solid" as the style in site model settings, or in object info, but this option doesn't seem to exist for me. I have it set to 3D mesh right now. 

Oh, and I'm working with the student version if that changes anything.

Thanks!

Ava

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum!

Assuming your site model 3d display is set to 3d Mesh

1st thing to check is render status of the drawing.  If the drawing is in wire frame render mode, t he site model will show as a bunch of lines defining lots of little triangles.  Lots of ways to make the drawing render, but here is one: View Menu>Rendering>Shaded. Or choose any of the Renderworks render modes.

If the default site model graphics properties are intact, the site model should render green surface with brown sides.

Post back if no luck.  More to test if needed.

-B

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Welcome to the forum!

Assuming your site model 3d display is set to 3d Mesh

1st thing to check is render status of the drawing.  If the drawing is in wire frame render mode, t he site model will show as a bunch of lines defining lots of little triangles.  Lots of ways to make the drawing render, but here is one: View Menu>Rendering>Shaded. Or choose any of the Renderworks render modes.

If the default site model graphics properties are intact, the site model should render green surface with brown sides.

Post back if no luck.  More to test if needed.

-B

Thank you so much! That fixed it!