Python tooltips

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask if there is a way to show python tooltips by mouseover? 

I found one command that could do what i want from the function reference but i'am unsure:

VS:SetToolHelpMessage - Vectorworks Developer

Maybe someone with experience can tell me if it is realistic for me to do this or give little help?

The uploaded Picture shows what i want to achieve.

599684648_Screenshot2022-02-07113542.png.0efce2c7eb4142e203871284729402b8.png

Thank you!

Edited by Rumdidum

Do you mean mousing over drawing objects, or something else?

The function you cite is for setting the mode bar help text for custom tools. You can also set the tooltip for hovering over tools and object-insertion tools via the plug-in manager. 

You can only set tool tips for drawing object control points and hot spots via the SDK. 

Hi JBenghiat,

Do you mean mousing over drawing objects, or something else?

Yes everytime i hover over a Button i wanted to see the related Python funktion like in Blender.

You can only set tool tips for drawing object control points and hot spots via the SDK. 

Thats a rabbit hole and i'm already overloaded with everything else i want to learn. Additionally it's C++ and thats way to far.

But maybe Vectorworks will implement the tooltip option someday :/.

Edited by Rumdidum
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Rumdidum said:

Yes everytime i hover over a Button i wanted to see the related Python funktion like in Blender.

I had to look at the Blender documentation to understand what you mean, and no, nothing like this is available in Vectorworks. I believe that Vectorworks implementation of Python has much less of a 1:1 relationship that you see with blender. What you suggest is an interesting enhancement, but it would require new, manual data entry across much of Vectorworks, so would not be a small task.