How to trim Roof Slab Components?

Shortnort

I do primarily commercial projects, so most of my buildings have low slope roofs (1/4" or 1/2" per foot).  I have finally figured out how to create scuppers, etc. (The example below does not show the scupper.)   However, some of the buildings have relatively tall parapet walls that must have continuous bracing.  I have figured out how to create the angled bracing with components - yeah!!!  

However, how are the components trimmed with the main roof components?  The roof insulation must continue to the outside wall to meet energy code but the roofing goes up the angled bracing.  How do those two components trim?

The bracing is framed with either 2x4s or 2x6s. How can the framing members be trimmed to the dop of the plywood decking?

Perhaps I am trying to accomplish too much, but it would be great to have 1/4" scale building sections that do not require removal of those components...

Roof-Parapet Isometric.jpg

Roof Plan.jpg

A Roof Face can be clipped by a Wall or vice versa but this doesn't help you here. It looks like you have a Roof Face (the angled bracing) that you want to be clipped by a Slab? All I can think would be to create the bracing using a Slab instead of a Roof Face then use the 'Subtract 3D Object From Slab' command to clip the bottom edge to match the surface of the deck. You'd have to model an object matching the shape of the deck in order to do this. But you should be able to then merge the roofing materials in the section settings to get the look you want. Or instead you could just model the bracing in 3D + convert to Auto Hybrid or Hybrid Symbol to get the Top/Plan look. If you are using Materials this will give you some capacity to report on the objects if you need to, despite them not having components. 

Thank you for helping me...

I never could get trimming to work, so I used your advice and created a solid.  One thing that adds more complexity to the situation is that the bracing is a continuous 2' height from the top of roof deck.  The top chord of the trusses slope, so the bottom of the bracing follows the decking.

I created a polyline around the perimeter of the sloping slab and used extrude by path using the profile of the bracing as the shape.  This works beautifully in that the sections can show this as a shaded area with a note referencing it to the structural details.

Thanks again for your help and inspiration.

Roof Bracing.jpg

Cool.

If you wanted to take it a step further see @jeff prince's excellent example file here re creating EAP 'components':

Then if desired you could use 'Add 3D Object to Slab...' command to add whichever of the outer EAP 'components' relate to the overall roof structure to the roof Slab to form continuous homogenous Slab components that run up the perimeter bracing.