Grid Bubble Text

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

After you create the elevation viewport, double-click the viewport and choose the "Annotation" radio button, then OK. Now you can add notes and dimensions to the viewport. When you click the "Exit Viewport Annotation" button, you'll be returned to the sheet layer. Now your drawing (including the notes, etc.) is a "block" that can be moved on the sheet or between sheets.

Actually all text disappears no matter the class. Dimensions and symbles seem to stay but any text is gone???? So I can't annotate on the mod-elevation layer and viewport that into the sheet elevation layer for printing? I've just done a whole set of drawings this way and wanted to see if I could have colored elevation and now all my text is gone from the viewport. I can delete that viewport and create another viewport and the text is back but if I render it my text will disappear. Is this a bug?

Well I generally do residential construction and my notation usally consists of dimensions callouts of ie. siding...ect. But I just tried to dimension on the viewport hoping that the dimensions would be scaled to the sheet and they would pick up the smart points... but no. I would like to do my dims and notes on the same page and that would be the disign layer(mod elevation). But that would mean if I render they will disappear. See my problem.

Robert,

That's only mostly true (a little like being mostly dead, I suppose):

You can only snap to points in the Viewport that have their class turned on BOTH in the viewport settings AND in the Classes menu option. It's possible to see the objects in the Viewport (the viewport class is turned on) but not have them "snappable" (they're turned off in Organize - Classes). If Jonel has his sheet layers set up as saved views, and the necessary classes aren't all turned on, he'll get really frustrated because he can't snap to the points that he can see.

(Should someone submit this as a bug?)

[ 01-18-2005, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Travis ]