Simple Door Symbol

L+K

VW 10.5 Architect - PC

Why are my door symbols showing up w/ a solid fill which I cannot get rid of - the class is set with fill "none" & I can't change it in the attributes palette. I've even copied and pasted a door from an older file but when I try and put it in the appropriate class it turns to a solid fill! Help!

Thanks!

There is a "Swing Bi-part" configuration, which does a French door where both doors are operable. If you just want one operable door, use the "Swing Simple" configuration, and then add a sidelite. Or, if you need muntins in the inoperable door, you can simply place two doors next to each other, set the "Open Angle" of one to be 0 (for the inoperable door), and then apply muntins to each to match.

Hi Charles (and others), what about 'FRENCH DOOR 2' which I think is still available in the PLUG INS folder? It seems to work well enough and has some additional configuration options like a center-hinged single-op french doors. Just curious...

Peter Cipes

Residential Designer

Ashland, Oregon

Hi Robert, Could you explain 1) what exactly is a 'legacy' plug-in? 2) Would it make sense to separate legacy plug-ins from other plug-ins by putting them in their own folder, so that we could tell one type from the other? 3) Are the legacy plug-ins required to properly read older files? 4) Have you (meaning NNA) considered revising all the plug-ins to remove redundancies and inconsistancies?

Thanks!

Peter

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

!. "Legacy" plug-ins are those that (a) have been superceded by newer plug-ins and (b) are likely to disappear in the future.

2. They are currently separated by their category in the workspace editor. If they were not in the Plug-ins folder then your instances of them would not work in your drawing.

3. No. Older files can always be read. If any object plug-in is missing from your plug-ins folder, you will still be able to see the object in the drawing, you simply won't be able to change its properties.

4. Yes. This is an on-going process (remember that we have somewhat over 500 plug-ins in all our products). Regarding the current discussion, we are in a state of constantly working on ("improving") our Door and Window plug-in to be a 100% super-set of all door and window plug-ins that have gone before. Right now, it is probably only about 98%.