Unable to Change Signal Type txt.

Hello,

I am having trouble editing any of the Signal or Cable Type txt in my User Folder. Currently my license is owned by the company I am working with, so I am unsure if I have administrative power even though the serial number/license is under my name. Any changes I make and saving over the original file would show a pop up (image attached). Is it because I am not allowed to make changes to any existing cables/signal types in the VW program? Or is there another reason as to why I am denied. Capture.thumb.PNG.e3a18de6eb1cb0603d7bdb45983f8e80.PNG

Edited by Nina Agelvis
Image was placed between a sentence
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Nina Agelvis

You seem to be editing the application folder file. You can locate the current user folder by going to the Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences... menu. And you can navigate to the folder by selecting the  button which I have highlighted (the name is slightly different on Win). I've attached a sample file as a starting point. It goes in <user folder>/Plug-ins/connectCAD_Data/ .

A bit 90's I know. We are working to make this much easier!

Conrad

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 09.42.16.png

SignalTypes.txt

6 hours ago, Conrad Preen said:

Hi @Nina Agelvis

You seem to be editing the application folder file. You can locate the current user folder by going to the Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences... menu. And you can navigate to the folder by selecting the  button which I have highlighted (the name is slightly different on Win). I've attached a sample file as a starting point. It goes in <user folder>/Plug-ins/connectCAD_Data/ .

A bit 90's I know. We are working to make this much easier!

Conrad

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 09.42.16.png

SignalTypes.txt 106 B · 0 downloads

Hey Conrad,

I tried following the steps but every ConnectCAD folder is empty. But when I access the user folder though my local drive then I see all the information in there. Is my user folder set up incorrectly?

Thank you!

-Nina Agelvis

On 8/24/2021 at 4:35 AM, Conrad Preen said:

Hi @Nina Agelvis

This sounds like you should call Tech Support. They can go thru the setup with you online and make sure it's all ok.

Conrad

Hey Conrad,

The files are now there but I realized that Notepad on Windows is different than Mac. So even if I was typing in the new Connector and signal types that I want. Vectorworks doesn't register it even if I save and quit and reopen VW. Should I use a different txt app instead of Note Pad?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 8/28/2021 at 7:45 PM, Nina Agelvis said:

Hey Conrad,

The files are now there but I realized that Notepad on Windows is different than Mac. So even if I was typing in the new Connector and signal types that I want. Vectorworks doesn't register it even if I save and quit and reopen VW. Should I use a different txt app instead of Note Pad?

Hello @Nina Agelvis,

Can you send me the txt files that you have made so that I can see if there is any problem with them?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov