More on DTM and Site Modeling : error 20,1 and 20,2???

Hi! i've been using VW11.5 Architect and Landmark for only 2 week (though very intensively : I try to learn as much as possible as quick as possible -our office (we're a very young office) has bought the programs and i'm the one supposed to explain to the others-just all as new as me- how we should use it)...

I'm highly enthousiastic about the DTM Site Modeling tools but I experience some difficulties...

- As Immaterial in another topic I receive 20,2 errors, but also 20,1... I can't figure out what it means... I work with 3D loci imported from Autocad. When I try to generate the 3D Model, Ive got the error msg whenever I've got more than 4 classes... otherwise, the DTM is generated... Does that make sense? What did I do wrong? I do not erase points and It's quite systematic :

If I copy paste the 3D loci in an empty file (empty but with classes coming from a template) I've got an 20,1 or 20,2 error. If I copy paste the same 3D loci in another also empty file without classes (only the none and the dimension classes) it works... Why?

- Then I've got Landmark on one machine and Architect on the other... Is it more advisable to generate the DTM on Landmark rather than Architect or is it the same?

Thanks a lot,

Li Mei

Thank you for the reply Islandmond,

I'm not sure that I have duplicated loci... The same set of loci works when there are very few classes but not when I have more classes (I just create the classes but not any additionnal loci or any other object)... so i though it had to do with classes. Is there a max. number of classes allowed when you want to use DTM?

I solved my problem for the moment by generating the DTM appart in a file with very few classes and then bring the file in reference. It the a good way?

Imt, DTM generates its very own specific classes for the Hull , 2D, 3D contours , major minor ...etc . A class conflict will be interpreted by the compiler as an 'error' and the DTM process terminated. That's why a new clean file with no DTM class conflicts produces the DTM model but not your working file.

There's a class conflict...rename those older DTM classes something else.