incorrect size shown in plant list worksheet

K-lyx

Question

hi, I'm wondering if anyone has the solution to this problem.  I've changed the scheduled size in some tree symbols, but every time the plant list recalculates the sizes show up as a #1 pot. I have no idea how to solve this other than editing it manually, but of course it defaults back to the wrong value every time I open the drawing.  Can someone please help.   I've tried all the fixes that seem obvious.  I've never had this problem until updating to 2021.  

Edited by K-lyx

1 answer to this question

On 8/6/2021 at 10:45 PM, K-lyx said:

hi, I'm wondering if anyone has the solution to this problem.  I've changed the scheduled size in some tree symbols, but every time the plant list recalculates the sizes show up as a #1 pot. I have no idea how to solve this other than editing it manually, but of course it defaults back to the wrong value every time I open the drawing.  Can someone please help.   I've tried all the fixes that seem obvious.  I've never had this problem until updating to 2021.  

If you have a single plant style and want to schedule different sizes for that style…

Pick the plant that you want to deviate from the style defined scheduled size.

In the OIP, click on “advanced plant settings”

In the Schedule page, go to Scheduled size and change it to “Custom Scheduled Size’ and type in a value.

Run your plant report, open it up, click on the database row for scheduled size and configure it to “summarize items” and “sum values”.  This then reports entries for each scheduled size.

Personally, I prefer to use unique plant styles and symbols for each scheduled size of a particular plant to make them graphically unique.  This reduces errors in the field, especially if you use legends instead of tagging to indicate what a plant is.  With this method, when you decide to change sizes later, you just do a plant replacement to change the scheduled size.  When you use the “advanced plant settings” to alter the scheduled size of a plant style, you can quickly change a bunch of plants by using the Select Similar tool set to “database records” to select for the deviation in size and edit them all at once, if that is your preference.