Roof Creation Tool Bad

AN Design

Do you have the Roof Pitch option set to be the one that is calculated? (Is there a calculator icon next to it)

What other settings do you have in the roof dialog box?

I cannot duplicate this with VW 10.5 on OS 10.2.6.

Katie, Hi and thanks for responding. Prior to installing 10.5 and with the walls selected the Create Roof dialog box would appear with the calculator set on the eave height edit field by default. I would simply type in 5:12 in the roof pitch edit field(for example)and the roof would be created correctly and subsequent visits to the Create Roof dialog box would find the roof pitch edit field defaulted to 5:12 which I found convenient. Are you saying that (using 10.5)one must first specify the roof pitch and then place the calculator icon next to it? This doesn't seem to work for me. Is there a way to change the default settings of the Create Roof dialog box? I was just now playing around with this and suddenly the default roof pitch edit field now says 60?. I switched to a new file and the CR dialog box is still defaulted to 60? and even though I overide this with a 5:12 entry it still creates the 60? roof. The calculator position was on the eave height setting(also by default,I believe) which was the case prior to 10.5 and worked fine then. Can you help us straighten this out? Thanks,bc

PS I just now tried again to overide the 60? default with a 5:12 entry and the roof created was 30? so I clicked on a handle and the edit roof setting dialog box shows th pitch at 30?. I then tried on the same layer to create roof again and the CR dialog box is now defaulted to 30? and is grayed out with the calculator next to it.