Sky background to a house

I am trying to add a sky background to my drawing. I am not quite sure what the best way is to accomplish this. What I do is have the drawing in a front view then draw an extruded square/rectangle around the whole drawing and then add the sky/clouds texture to the extruded square. Is there a better way to accomplish this?

In old versions of VW, there was a symbol called 'Skydome' that comes in 3 sizes. Its in my object libraries folder as a sitework_general file, but I think I copied it from version 8(?). They are giant extruded arcs, I think, that have a nice mottled sky blue color- good for 3D modelling and perspective views. hope this helps.

The new Background capability is really nice--you connect it to a layer and it works better than an object ever did. The one hang up with it is for animations. The background never moves, so instead of mimicing reality, it looks like your building is on a turntable spinning around with an un-moving background.