callout tool

jnr

oops.

Thanks Robert. I'm venting a little because I'm very frustrated with vectorworks and my hp 500ps plotter. I updated firmware and print drivers as you suggested to attempt to solve the problem of a rendered elevation appearing in the upper left hand corner (at about 1/32" scale [supposed to be 1/4" scale) of a sheet (sheet layer printing at the correct scale). Alas, now not only does it still not print at the proper size, but a sheet with grayed out layers (like a framing or electrical plan), does not print at all. It just disappears from the queue. The post script driver will print these sheets (can't get it to rotate to save my life, but that's a different story). I don't have these problems plotting from InDesign, Photoshop, Word, Excel or Acrobat.

Katie: thanks for the link. I'll try to adjust, however I don't think this is my problem. As I mentioned earlier, the sheet layer prints at the correct scale. In fact all other sheets in the set print at the correct scale. Its the layer linked layer that goes haywire. Displays correctly on the screen, prints maybe 1/8 its size in the upper left, sheet layer intact.

I'll mail you plots so that you can see first hand, what's going on.

Thanks

-J

I thought you were having a problem where the drawing was printing in the upper left or right hand corner at one point too?

maybe it was someone else. sorry if it wasn't you.

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Anderson:

To edit an existing callout, click on the callout with the callout tool.

Thanks, Robert. Often those who have used the program for years don't put as much time in with updated manuals as they should! This tip made it worth my time to check into the tech board today.