problems w/perspectives & elevations

i'm having a hard time creating perspectives and elevations. i was trying to create a specific perspective view using "set 3d view" and when it generated the perspective window nothing was in it but the surface grid. i was on a model layer that i created for the perspectives (because i forgot to add it when i went through setup assistant). when i used the "model view" tool, i only got a flat plan drawing....nothing 3d about it.

also, how do you cut a section and show things beyond the wall that are cut?

cherie

vw architect 10.1/osX.2.4

When you model a building in 3D on a perspective layer, you have to make sure you have a layer link of all the layers that have the walls, doors, etc., on them. No layer link, no model. When you use set 3D view, make sure you set the view and view height in the same general area as the building. if the building is at Z0' and your view is set for Z60', or if your height is set for Z0, but you view is set of 20', you might miss it.

As for section cuts if you want to see stuff behind walls, you need to check the "wireframe view" button in the dialog box that will popup. "Hidden line view" will get you only those items that can be seen in front of the section cut, and "dashed line view" will dash the lines of the stuff beyond.

Hope this helps...