Symbol Heights in Walls

jfmarch

I have discovered an odd blip using symbols in walls ste at different Z levels. I am working on a project that has 2 floor levels, a major which is set @ 0'0", and a minor level that is 13" lower. While reviewing the survey model (its a renovation of an existing dwelling), I noticed that all the door and window heads were at the same height, even in walls that were set lower than 0'0". I cehcked these symbols several times, replaced them, and even redrew some of the lower walls- no change. I even reset some of the layer Z infor, just to test, and that didn't work. I thought it odd that, especially with door objects, the sills were not at the bottom of the wall, but hovered at the set Z level of 0'0". I finally noticed in the info pallette a setting for "Height" when a symbol is selected. That did the trick.

My question- Is this the way it is supposed to work with walls of different levels on the same layer?