Dimension to wall center?

Hi, all. Seems like a common newbie question, but my search came up blank. How do I tie associative dimensions to the wall center? My typical dimension string for house plans would be to outside face of exterior framing and to center of interior partitions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

@bwfowler the other thing you could look at which may or may not be useful is the 'Dimension Exterior Walls...' command in the AEC menu. This will automatically add dims to the exterior walls of a floor plan + if you enable 'Dimension T-joins in exterior walls' + 'Dimension to Centerlines' will dimension to the centre of interior partitions as well. With these settings it will also dimension to the centre of the external walls which you probably won't want so will need to adjust manually but may be helpful way of quickly adding dims to a large building plan.

Thanks, Cameron & Tom. Smart Points Snapping is on. Wall style includes master snap points on left & right side of the stud component. There is no option for master snap point at center. 

I can snap dimensions to face/stud or face/finish and they are associative as expected. I can snap to wall center, but they are not associative. Same problem whether I make individual dim strings or if I use the Dim Ext Walls tool. 

I suppose I could change my office standard to dimension to face of stud... 

• Like 1

@bwfowler I find that with smart points on I can hover the cursor to one side of the wall and then to the opposite and then it identifies the 'imaginary' midpoint to click on.

In 30+ years I've never been in an office that dimensioned to the centreline of walls. Always to the face of stud for interior walls as it's easier for framers to snap a line.

• Like 1