Drawing objects turns dark with View another Layer

dooriginals

Question

Hi All, 

Im not sure if i have accidentally hit a key or short cut, but when I view and work on  a layer (Prop_First Floor OPT 3) and have Layer Prop_Ground Floor OPT 3 on eye,  my drawing is darkened.  Top pic below

When I am just working and viewing Layer Prop_Ground Floor OPT 3 is goes back to colour. Second pic

808069181_ScreenShot2021-03-03at12_16_26pm.thumb.png.08e8d87d0afa70560fde738e7dcd44e5.png19504802_ScreenShot2021-03-03at12_16_50pm.thumb.png.b8ddcb5e3eba45056180a839cad58b6e.png

Thanks you. 

3 answers to this question

Check to see if you have any light objects in the other layer.  I suspect that you have one that isn't as bright as the "default" light and when that layer is visible, VW thinks you want to use that light, so it backs off on the Open GL "over the viewer's left shoulder" light.

@dooriginals Kind of, but not really.  You can turn the light on, but it will instead show what the light is doing, which may make the scene still dark for areas outside of the lamp's light.  My advice is to keep the Light object in its own class that you can quickly turn off and on, or go to View - Set Lighting Options and change the Brightness up to something like 75% or higher.

It's not a super great solution, since that setting will persist regardless of whether the Light object is on, off, or hidden.  I usually keep all of my light sources in as few classes as possible (usually Lighting-Fixtures) so that I can quickly hide all Light objects quickly.

• Like 3