Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette hight Layer symbol

C.Wittmann

hello, i have built a puppet network with which i can distribute 3d symbols on a polyline. I use the "Get Point On Poly" node for this - as long as I stay at zero, the 3d symbol is also placed according to the default (approx. 50 cm above the riding line. I can also assign classes and layers. However, it remains at the reference height zero. however, if i want to adjust with move it will be placed in the pivot point. what do i have to do so that it is placed at the point placed in the symbol, in relation to the level height and the guideline.

hallo, ich habe mir ein marionette netzwerk gebaut, mit welchem ich 3d symbole auf einer polylinie verteilen kann. hierfür nutze ich den node  "Get Point On Poly"- solange ich auf höe null bleibe wird das 3d symbol auch entsprechend der vorgabe platziert( ca. 50 cm oberhalb der lreitlinie. auch klassen und layer kann ich zuordnen. jedoch bleibt es bei der bezugshöhe null. wenn ich mit move anpassen möchte wird es jedoch im schwehpunkt platziert. was muss ich tun, damit es an der im symbol platzierten stelle, im bé´zug auf die ebenenhöhe und leitlinie pkatziert wird.

If I am understanding correctly the Get Point on Poly node expects a 2D polygon as the input and so only returns a 2D (X,Y) value.

There is no equivalent Node (or Vectorscript function) to return a point along a 3D Polygon or Nurbs curve.

We had a discussion about how to script this at the Los Angeles Vectorworks users group a few months ago. The best option we came up with was to get the distance to each vertex along a 3D Polygon and when the value does not reach the next vertex then calculate the point along that edge. I think at that time we were only dealing with polygons with corner vertices.

@Sam Jones did you ever implement this or find a better way?

It is a planar polygon. If I stay at 0.00 it works very well. The symbol is placed at the reference point on the polyline. However, if I want it to be in another layer with a reference height, e.g. +2.00, instead of in the layer 0.00, he still leaves the symbols at 0.00, although the polyline is in the layer with the reference height +2.00 . I tried to correct the whole thing with the node move. Unfortunately, this does not place the symbol on the reference point. maybe it would help if I could read out the height between the focal point of the symbol and the symbol zero point with a node that is unknown to me. I added the file once. If someone likes to try.

Note: this text was translated from German with google translator. - no guarantee for translation errors.

Es handelt sich um ein planares Polygon. Wenn ich auf Höhe 0,00 bleibe funktioniert es sehr gut. Das Symbool wird am Refernzpunkt auf der Polylinie platziert. Wenn ich jedoch möchte dass es statt im Layer 0,00 in einem anderen Layer, mit einer Refernzhöhe z.B. +2,00 liegt lässt er die Symbole trotzdem auf 0,00, obwohl die Polylinie in dem Layer mit der Referenzhöhe +2,00 liegt. Ich habe versucht das ganze mit dem Node move zu korrigieren. Dieser platziert das Symbol aber leider nicht auf dem Referenzpunkt.

vielleicht würde es helfen, wenn ich mit einem mir nicht bekannten Node die Höhe zwischen dem Schwehrpunkt des Symbols und dem Symbolnullpunkt auslesen könnte.

Ich habe die Datei mal angefügt. Wenn jemand probieren mag..

D26F4B89-212C-4D00-858B-966F40BCC4EC.png

06061BB8-1B53-4D91-B044-900DF5E905E8.png

F3F434F5-D4A7-4FEB-A112-C72A44FB3A38.png

4FE84C28-7B44-4F4A-89D4-0D2630F44824.png

Symbole verteilen Test.vwx

• 2 weeks later...