TOGGLE TOOL PALETTE TO STAY OPEN

i always have my palettes floating on the left side of my screen, and while working i inadvertently minimized the 'basic' tool palette.  now i can't get it to stay permanently open anymore.  it only opens when my mouse hovers over the gray bar, but collapses again when i move my cursor away from the palette.  i found this post from last year where another user was having the same problem:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/70353-preference-to-keep-resource-pallet-open-vwrw-2020/

the minus sign on the gray bar of my palette DOES NOT toggle back and forth between + and -.  no matter what i do, there's only ever a minus sign.  under palette options, auto hide floating palettes is unchecked.  it's driving me crazy, as i use the basic tool palette often enough to want it to stay open permanently.  please help!!

ps:  using VW 2018

Pat,

Thank you for your reply.  I already read all about palette display options before originally posting, and for some reason my Basic palette does not have a plus sign to click on to keep it permanently open.  There's only a minus sign, and clicking on it only expands or opens the palette.  It never changes to a plus sign, and the palette always collapses again after I move my cursor away from it.  Could this be some sort of bug?  

screenshot_441.png

Edited by sforrest

It sounds like you're doing the right thing.

I've encountered something perhaps related when I minimize my Attributes Palette, where sometimes I have to click 5-10 times on the minus for it to properly switch to a plus. It's buggy, but also intermittent...

What happens if you switch to a different workspace (Tools>Workspaces) then back to the one you're using, then try clicking the minus again?

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Thanks for weighing in.  I tried your first suggestion and clicked on the minus sign repeatedly, like 50 times.  Nothing.  Then I switched workspaces like you suggested and that worked!!  My Basic tool palette shows the plus sign now and is permanently expanded.  Must be a bug, but at least this solution worked.  Thanks so much!