Plug-in doors in Reflected Ceiling Plans

Pauline

I have been using the plug-in object doors that come with Vectorworks. But when I switch to the RCP sheet, the door part of the plug-in remains visible. I need to be able to turn the door off but still see the header in the reflected ceiling plan. Is there a way to do this, or must I create my own symbol? Why would anyone want to see the door in the RCP - that is so non-standard for architectural drawings. PLEASE HELP!

This is a very valid problem. I had held off from ordering VA for reasons like this (until last week when I heard of the new LL-to-ACblock feature -- now I'm just waiting for the CD).

Currently I've been using my own symbols with class separations for doors that need to appear differently in the different drawings: Show-FlrPlan, Show-RCP, Show-Finish. The Show-RCP portion is dashed. Of course, these symbols wreak havoc with other users not familar with my classes. And it also drives ME crazy when I import them into drawings with *similar* class names! AHHHKKK!

Hopefully there is a pre-programmed solution.

• 3 weeks later...

The straight plug in door tool creates and object with 3 classes (I beleive). "Door-main", "Ceiling- main", & "Sills". What you can do is edit your preset view to grey or turn off the door-main class, and turn on the ceiling-main class. This should get you where you want. I personally like to see the door swings, especially when you are showing light fixture switching. Thats why I gret out that class. Hope this helps

------------------

Jim McAuliffe, RA